Apprentice Dental Nurse Tooting Bec Dental
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse. We would love you to join our friendly and busy dental practice. The role of a Dental Nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
£150.00 - £300.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
09 Oct 2019
Level 3 (A level)
This includes but is not limited to:
- Always greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, with good communication skills, computer literate, and keen to learn
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary however, we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- You must always be of a smart and professional appearance, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) in maths and English
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer whom has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Tooting Bec Dental Practice is in Tooting Bec, London, SW17 and is owned by dentists who are registered with the General Dental Council and have Care Quality Commissioning Approval. The Practice is also working towards achieving BDA Good Practice membership. Our team comprises of dentists with special interests in specific fields of general dentistry and advanced dental procedures.
We offer routine dentistry under the Private sector. DentalPlan is designed for patients who wish to attend the practice on a regular basis and have peace of mind that their preventive dental care is covered. We also provide maintenance care for all age groups and patients with specific needs and requirements.
Tooting Bec Dental
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Rhiannon Williams 01708 776050 email@example.com
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- The Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme
- It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of the Apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
- It will also provide the Apprentice with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC)
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
Read more on our website!
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.