Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Wood St Nursery
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
04 Oct 2019
Level 3 (A level)
Duties/responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children regarding their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities regarding their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of mealtimes, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skill
- Good communication skills
- Team player
GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and maths preferable.
Further training, progression within the company, potential full-time employment and wage increase based on performance.
About the employer
Wood St Nursery is a warm and loving place. We believe in being children’s advocates and allies on their journey to growing strong, communicating effectively, and becoming capable and resilient. We believe that nurturing children means building good relationships with their families and creating a strong happy staff team. We have extensive training and experience and know that children learn best through warm relationships with skilled practitioners in a rich and exciting play environment. We eschew age inappropriate carpet sessions and instead prefer to learn through love, singing, and playing with mud!
We consider at all times the environmental effects of our nursery and ensure there are robust systems in place to reduce waste and to recycle. For example, we have our own compost heap and food digester for food waste, and we minimise our use of unnecessary disposable plastics such as straws, glitter and single use plates and cups. We will support parents who wish to use real nappies, embed recycling in the routines of the children, and are members of a scrap project to source materials saved from landfill for arts and crafts.
We are strong believers in creating a calm nursery space with a mixture of natural materials and real objects as well as age appropriate toys; we try to avoid seas of brightly coloured plastic. We have attended Elizabeth Jarman’s ‘Communication Friendly Spaces’, and use her theories to ensure the nursery is an effective learning environment that promotes children’s emotional and physical development.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Kelis Towe 0127 772 5774 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, maths (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.