Hairdressing Apprenticeship Bloww by Kevin & Guy
As an apprentice you will be required to assist the senior stylists and other staff in the day to day running of the salon, work with colleagues to complete tasks, learn and practise hairdressing techniques and treatments and understand knowledge of hairdressing treatments. You will also be required to fulfil general reception and cleaning duties.
Closing date: 08 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Jul 2022
30 Sep 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about hairdressing and progressing within the industry, have a professional manner and great communication skills.
Duties to include:
- Client Consultation
- Shampoo, Condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour and Lighten Hair using a range of techniques
- Cut Hair using basic techniques
- Style and Finish hair
- General cleaning duties and stock taking
- Off the job training at chosen training provider
Requirements and prospects
- Can work as part of a team
- Can work individually if required
- Has good communication skills
- Has good customer service skills
The candidate must be:
- Enthusiastic about the job they are applying for
- Interested in Hairdressing
- Willing to do an apprenticeship and do off the job training as well
GCSEs or equivalent are not required but can be advantageous when it comes to decision on Functional Skills maths and English Level
On completion Level 3 qualifications can be discussed and progression within the salon.
Things to consider
Please bear in mind that working within the Hair and Beauty industry you are required to work long hours and especially Hairdressing you will be active for long periods of time.
You are more than likely going to be required to work Saturdays as this is a busy day for salons.
Important Other Information:
All applications will come through to Oracle Training Consultants recruitment team who will then arrange for you attend an interview with them before sending you for an interview with the salon. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.
About the employer
BLOWW by Kevin & Guy was started in July 2013 by Kevin Ramsden and Guy Thomas. Both have great experience working for a major hairdressing brand for the last 10.
Please call 01302 556996 for any help/advice.
ORACLE TRAINING CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oracle Training Consultants Limited
Oracle Training Consultants 01302 813900 email@example.com
You will be required to do one day per week ‘off the job’ training at one of our specialist centres in either Doncaster or Rotherham dependant on the area you live in. Whilst at Oracle you will do a full day with both practical and theory input included.
You will be assessed on your competence in both practical and theory on the units selected on your course.
You will also be required to do an End Point Assessment (EPA) which will provide a snapshot holistic assessment of your practical skills, similar to an industry trade test. You will demonstrate you can complete a range of services on a number of models to industry standards and within commercial timings.
- You will gain a Hairdressing Level 2 NVQ Qualification on completion of your apprenticeship and end point assessment.
- You may be required to complete or re-do your maths or English GCSE, dependant on your prior learning.
- The level will be determined on GCSE results or equivalent too.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.