Nursery Assistant Apprentice Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2022
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
20 Sep 2019
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children regarding their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities regarding their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of mealtimes, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team player
GCSE C/4 or above in maths and English preferable (or equivalent).
Further Training, progression within the company, potential full-time employment and wage increase based on performance.
About the employer
Our mobile and non-mobile babies benefit from the large, bright, open plan day room, well equipped with the latest in sensory equipment to test their senses and encourage development. As babies spend a lot of time sleeping at this early age, we have our newly renovated sleep room. We constantly monitor the temperature to ensure the babies are comfortable and the integrated glass wall allows us to monitor the children at all times. As a golden rule, there will never be more than three babies to any one member of staff so you can be assured that your little one will get the essential attention they need at this stage in their life. Your child’s key person will take care of all your child’s personal needs whenever possible. We have a dedicated space in our garden with soft artificial grass for the babies to crawl and stumble to their hearts content.
Tweenies (2 to 3 years) & Pre School (3 to 5 years):
In the main hall we have split the space into 2 dedicated areas for the tweenies and pre-schoolers. Their day is structured around their changing interests. The room is very well appointed with outstanding levels of equipment, allowing your child to discover at their individual level of understanding. The room focuses on the primary area’s of the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ framework and encourages learning through play. The specific areas offer different activities:- The ‘Story Corner’ where children can sit in a group and listen to stories, a home corner, a construction area to develop coordination and a messy play area for painting and generally getting rather messy. The children benefit from a staffing ratio of one member of staff looking after no more than three children. As this is the time when the majority of children start ‘toilet training’, the toddlers have access to brightly decorated children’s toilets, encouraging independence.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Kelis Towe 01277725774 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, maths (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.