Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Cold Norton Pre-school
To help provide safe, high quality education and care for pre-school children. To implement the pre-school policies.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
28 May 2022
20 Sep 2019
Level 3 (A level)
- To contribute towards the drawing up of long term, medium term and sessional curriculum plans that ensures that each child is working within the Learning and Development Requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage. When supervising, to supervise the daily programme of pre-school events and activities
- To advise the Manager/Deputy of any concerns over any of the children, or the safety of any equipment
- To provide a high standard of education and learning and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children. When supervising, ensure the staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support for the children
- To keep any information regarding the children, their families, or other staff members, which is learnt as part of the job, completely confidential
- To act as a Key Person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parent/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met. To ensure that the key children’s records are regularly updated
- To contribute to and implement all pre-school policies, procedures and practices within the setting, e.g., register and signing out procedures, safeguarding children, equality and diversity, health and safety, confidentiality, food safety, setting hygiene etc. When supervising, to maintain daily records, for example the register, accident and incident book. Also that the daily safety checks are carried out
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the pre-school and its curriculum, exchanging information about the children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement
- To ensure that the pre-school is a safe and welcoming environment for children, staff and others, that the equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and, when supervising, fire drills are regularly practiced
- To attend training and/or meetings as identified by the manager/deputy or committee and to keep up-to-date with current good practice
- To keep abreast of legislation, guidelines, policies etc to ensure The Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage is met at all times
- To assist in the setting out of the hall and the clearing away at the end of each session. When supervising, to supervise this action
- When supervising, to liaise with the manager/deputy and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented. To provide reports as required
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the manager/deputy or chair of the management committee in accordance with the pre-school business plan
- To be responsible for implementing systems of observations and record keeping so that the children’s attainment and progress is effectively and regularly assessed. To assist the manager with monitoring the effectiveness of assessment procedures
NB. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offences Act 1974. Applicant must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders that have been made against them.
Requirements and prospects
- A full and relevant level 3 qualification (as defined by the DfE)
- At least 1 year’s experience of working in a pre-school or similar setting
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure, which confirms suitability to work with children
- Sound understanding of child development and of children’s needs
- Commitment to, and understanding of, equality and diversity
- Ability to assist in planning and implementing a pre-school curriculum, taking into account the SEND Code of Practice, safeguarding children procedures and equality and diversity considerations
- Demonstrable knowledge of current legislation relevant to the early years
- The ability to work with parents and families and encourage their involvement
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, to be able to inform, inspire and motivate staff and children and provide feedback to other professionals and parents etc.
- Ability to help market the pre-school to maximise occupancy levels and fee income
- The ability to write clear reports
- Able to manage self and work calmly under pressure
- Demonstrate professionalism in approach to managing all issues
- Good mental and physical health
- Arrive in good time to assist the rest of the team in setting up the hall and to stay to help with the clearing away
- Friendly and flexible
- Willingness to learn and to attend further training
- Commitment to obtain a relevant level 4 qualification or higher
- A-C/7-4 in English and maths or equivalent
- Current qualification in paediatric first aid
- Permanent position
About the employer
Cold Norton Pre-School is a committee run pre-school with charitable status. We provide high quality, sessional care for children from the age of two, up to the time they start primary school. We are registered with Ofsted and, as such, receive regular inspections. We are registered with The Department for Education and are also members of the Pre-School Learning Alliance.
We have close links with the local primary school.
Our aim is to enhance the development and education of children under the statutory school age in a parent-involving, community based group. We provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment and work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
Cold Norton Pre-school
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Hugo Skepelhorn 01245 293010
- Achieved a level 3 Early Years Educator (EYE) qualification
- Achieved a level 3 award in paediatric first aid (RQF) or emergency paediatric first aid (RQF)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.