Hairdressing Apprenticeship Next Level
As an Apprentice you will be required to assist the senior stylists and other staff in the day to day running of the salon, work with colleagues to complete tasks, learn and practise hairdressing techniques and treatments and understand knowledge of hairdressing treatments. You will also be required to fulfil general reception and cleaning duties.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2022
04 Sep 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Client consultation
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Style and finish hair
- General cleaning duties and stock taking
- Off the job training at chosen training provider
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about hairdressing and progressing within the industry, have a professional manner and great communication skills.
Requirements and prospects
- Can work as part of a team
- Can work individually if required
- Has good communication skills
- Has good customer service skills
The candidate must be:
- Enthusiastic about the job they are applying for
- Interested in Hairdressing
- Willing to do an apprenticeship and do off the job training as well
GCSEs or equivalent qualifications are not required but can be advantageous when it comes to decision on Functional Skills maths and English level.
On completion of the Level 2 Apprenticeship, Level 3 qualifications can be discussed and progression within the salon.
Things to consider
Please bear in mind that working within the Hair and Beauty industry you are required to work long hours and especially Hairdressing you will be active for long periods of time.
You are more than likely going to be required to work Saturdays as this is a busy day for salons.
Important Other Information:
Training on the Apprenticeship programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by the government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age isn’t always fully funded this will be discussed on your interview.
Apprenticeship Minimum Wage:
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
All applications will come through to Oracle Training Consultants recruitment team who will then arrange for you attend an interview with them before sending you for an interview with the salon. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.
About the employer
Modern busy salon offering wide range of services in Hairdressing, Beauty and Nails looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join their team in the hairdressing department.
ORACLE TRAINING CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oracle Training Consultants
Oracle Training Consultants 01302 813900 email@example.com
Training to be provided:
- Intermediate (Level 2) Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- You will be required to do one day per week ‘off the job’ training at one of our specialist centres in either Doncaster or Rotherham dependant on the area you live in
- Whilst at Oracle you will do a full day with both practical and theory input included
- You will be assessed on your competence in both practical and theory on the units selected on your course
- You will also be required to do an End Point Assessment (EPA) which will provide a snapshot holistic assessment of your practical skills, similar to an industry trade test
- You will demonstrate you can complete a range of services on a number of models to industry standards and within commercial timings
- You will gain a Hairdressing Level 2 NVQ Qualification on completion of your apprenticeship and end point assessment
- You may be required to complete or re-do your maths or English GCSE, dependant on your prior learning - the level will be determined on GCSE results or equivalent too
- We include Employee Rights and Responsibilities, British Values and Equality and Diversity which are embedded throughout your qualification
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.