L2 Adult Care Worker Apprentice HIGHPOINT CARE (WEST DERBY) LIMITED
Working as part of a team providing high quality and compassionate care to individuals. Monitoring an individual's conditions for example checking blood pressure, temperature and weight, checking overall progress, comfort and wellbeing.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
06 Feb 2023
29 Aug 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
You may also help support with:
- Eating and drinking, washing and dressing and help residents go to the toilet
- Prepare individuals for healthcare activities carried out by other members of the healthcare team
- Carry out non clinical duties, keeping records, making beds, tidying up your work area, returning all cleaning equipment after each clinical activity
- Address straight forward problems in your day to day work, reporting concerns and changes to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- You will report to a registered healthcare practitioner
- Communicate effectively with individuals and their families, carers and healthcare practitioners using a range of techniques, keeping information confidential
- Handle information (record, report and store information) related to individuals in line with local and national policies
Requirements and prospects
- Treat people with dignity, respecting individuals diversity, beliefs, culture, values, needs, privacy and preferences, show respect and empathy for those you work with
- Have the courage to challenge areas of concern and work to best practice
- Adaptable and reliable, consistent and show discretion, resilience and self awareness
- Communicate and understand both residents and work colleagues and families and not disclosing any individuals information in connection to confidentiality
- Promote physical health and wellbeing of individuals
- Support individuals with activities of daily living
- Recognise deteriorations in health, long term conditions, physiological measurements, skin integrity and report appropriately
- Be aware of Dementia, cognitive issues and mental health
- Happy and fun
- Compassionate and able to show empathy where needed
- Take appropriate action in response to incidents or emergencies following guidelines
- GCSE A-C/7-4 or equivalent if possible and you will be required to complete a DBS too
Full time employment and progression onto a further qualification Level 3 adult care worker.
Things to consider
Working weekends and possibly working over Christmas period.
About the employer
Damfield Gardens based in the community of Maghull and privately owned and has 67 residents that they care for. Some : Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment. They have been running for over 12 months and have a great reputation for the care they provide within Damfield Gardens. They are looking for the right candidates to train and develop, they are looking for the right candidate to fill their apprenticeship opportunity.
HIGHPOINT CARE (WEST DERBY) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd
Jules Westbrook email@example.com
DH Associates are the training provider who will deliver your Level 2 Adult Care Worker Standard to you within the organisation, which means work based learning. The qualification is over 12-18 months and you will be assigned a trainer who will also complete your Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.