Apprentice Commis Chef RKB Ventures Ltd
As Apprentice Commis Chef you will be preparing food and carrying out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a senior chef.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
22 Aug 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Covering all aspects of the kitchen, you will contribute to renewing and refreshing menus, check food stocks, expiry dates etc.
- You will measure ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- You will prepare and cook food, using different techniques
- Also, present food in line with business requirements
- Learn and use knife skills
- You must always complete, prepare and cook tasks to a high standard and deliver food on time
- Maintaining a clean kitchen environment at all times and keeping documentation up to date
- You will learn and develop new skills and also attend Salford City College one day per week
Requirements and prospects
- Working quickly and efficiently. Time is of the essence in a busy kitchen; there is never enough to waste
- Attention to detail. Food is a delicate matter; if you make a mistake the dish may have to be discarded
- Ability to work under pressure. When service fills up and the pressure is on, it is crucial that everyone performs to their best
- Ability to learn on your feet. You must absorb your lessons and put them into practice right away
- The more quickly you can do this the faster you will progress
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work alone without direction
- Adaptable and flexible with working patterns when required
- Reasonable physical fitness
A* - D / 9 - 3 GCSE's in maths & English or equivalents.
Progression opportunities available for the right candidate.
Things to consider
If your application is successful you will be expected to attend a 1-1 appointment with Salford City College Apprentice Team on Media City or another centre in the Salford area. This is a pre-screen session and you will be asked to provide copies of your GCSE / Functional Skills certificates, if you do not have these then you may be asked to complete an assessment in these subjects.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
George’s is a dining room and bar with a mouth-watering modern British menu and great selection of wine and cocktails,set in a magnificent building with a contemporary edge, outside space and f fantastic atmosphere in the village of Worsley.
George’s namesake, architect Sir George Gilbert Scott is probably the most successful and famous architect of the Victorian era, with many landmark buildings to his name. He designed our village church, St. Marks and stayed in Worsley for periods during its build between 1844-46.
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Abbie 0161 631 5555 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Commis Chef qualification
- Functional Skills if required
- 1 day release to attend Worsley college for training
- On the job work experience
- On going support from Work Based Learning Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.