Nursery Practitioner Apprentice Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
22 Aug 2019
Level 3 (A level)
- To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Level 2 Childcare
- Maths and English A-C/9-4 preferably
- Possible permanent position
About the employer
Monkey Puzzle Day Nursery Catford is conveniently located on the A21, a few minutes walk from the High Street shops on Rushey Green Road. For your convenience, we are only 5-7 minutes walk from both Catford and Catford Bridge train stations.
The nursery provides outstanding facilities for children aged from 3 months through to pre-school age and is registered with OFSTED.
We have dedicated rooms for our various age ranges and each room reflects the seven areas of learning, as prescribed in the Early Years Foundation Stage. All of our facilities are designed to be accessible to every child.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
emily laurenza 01277725974 email@example.com
- Achieved a level 3 Early Years Educator (EYE) qualification
- Achieved a level 3 award in paediatric first aid (RQF) or emergency paediatric first aid (RQF)
- Maths and English if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.