Nursery Assistant Apprentice Gilwell Hill Children's Day Nursery & Preschool
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2021
19 Aug 2019
Level 3 (A level)
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- GCSE C/4 or above in maths and English preferable (or equivalent)
- Further Training, progression within the company, potential full time employment and wage increase based on performance
About the employer
We are a warm and friendly nursery, providing both families and their children with resources to enhance development, growth and happiness.
At 'Gilwell Hill Nursery' we believe we have something unique to offer to your child. Firstly, the nursery is run by a qualified teacher having BA Degree with Qualified Teacher Status and 19 years experience working in childcare. We are confident that with this qualification and teaching experience, we can give your child the best possible opportunities at the start of their education.
Our practitioners have been carefully selected. They share a common quality: respect for your child’s desire to learn and a total commitment to the fulfilment of his or her needs.
We ensure that the children in our care are comfortable, secure and happy in their environments.
All our children are stimulated and helped to reach their full potential by caring and qualified practitioners.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Kelis Towe 01277725774 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Achieved a level 3 Early Years Educator (EYE) qualification
- Achieved a level 3 award in paediatric first aid (RQF) or emergency paediatric first aid (RQF)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.