Apprentice Leisure Attendant Brio Leisure
Brio Leisure are looking to recruit an Apprentice Leisure Attendant to join their team based in Northwich.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
21 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Excellent opportunity to work for Brio Leisure. Supervising members of the public in the Swimming Pool and all other allocated Leisure area’s responding in according to National Operating Procedures (NOP) and Emergency Action Protocols (EAP), and providing ongoing cleaning throughout the shift to provide customers with a safe and clean environment.
Duties will include:
- Supervise members of the public in the Swimming Pool and all Leisure areas. Responding in accordance with the PSOP, and within the guidelines of the statutory training and attendance on a monthly basis.
- To assist the Duty Manager in the supervision inc training of leisure staff and work experience.
- To ensure the building security, opening/locking up all public areas as per the facility programme
- To control, assist and ensure the safety of members of the public using the facilities
- Acting as lifeguard and making use of lifesaving skills to rescue bather in difficulty in accordance with Swimming Pool Procedures. Administering first aid as required.
- To provide high customer care at all times, answering queries, complaints and directing patrons
- Controlling the behaviour of centre users in accordance with Centre instructions
- Setting up and taking down sports equipment as required for various events and sports activities in different parts of the Centre.
- Moving furniture and equipment in an out of stores and about the building as required
- Undertaking cleaning duties including cleaning the pool bottom, pool surrounds, footbaths etc
- Check shower and toilet areas for serviceability, damage or evidence of misuse and taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Assisting in evacuation of the building by carrying out specific procedures in the event of fire, bomb alerts or other emergencies
- To ensure company policies relating to NOP of the centre and EAP are adhered.
- Carrying out any other duties required by the Group Manager within the scope of the post.
Requirements and prospects
• Previous work with children and young persons
• Understanding of customer care and equality in service delivery
• Have required swimming ability (NPLQ standard)
• Ability to take instruction and work at own initiative
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Neat personal appearance
• A good team player
• An enthusiastic and forward thinking approach to the provision of leisure
GCSE English and Maths Grade D or above, or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 in Leisure Operations
- Functional Skills if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Technical Certificate
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Ashley Yates 0161 886 7461 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017