Intermediate Childcare Apprenticeship KIDDY PLANET NURSERY LIMITED
Busy day nursery looking for an apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
21 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide opportunities for children to develop individually through play
- Provide opportunities for children to develop socially through play
- Take part in play with children
- Bring play opportunities to an end effectively
- Contribute to positive relationships with children
- Encourage children’s positive behaviour
- Respond positively to children’s unwanted behaviour
- Develop positive relationships with parents and carers
- Provide and plan a play environment which meets children’s needs
- Promote positive images through the play environment
- Maintain children’s safety during play
- Ensure the safety of the play environment
- Respond to injuries and signs of illness
- Follow emergency procedures
- Promote children’s personal safety outside the play environment
- Take part in outings and trips
- Help children to protect themselves from abuse
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work without the need for close supervision
- Communication skills are vital in this role; successful applicants will be able to interact with children and staff
- Carrying out daily health and safety checks
- Candidate must have a genuine passion for working with children and be willing to learn
- Candidate MUST be well presented and be well spoken
- It is essential that you can demonstrate the ability to achieve Level 1 Application of Number and Communication, as this is a compulsory part of the framework.
- GCSE Maths and English of pass or above (or equivalent).
About the employer
KIDDY PLANET NURSERY LIMITED
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship including relevant Key Skills and Technical Certificates.
- All training will be delivered at the setting alongside the working week.
- No college days are required.
- Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017