Apprentice Dental Nurse Greencroft Lodge Dental Practice
Assisting Dentist/Hygienist, Reception duties.
Closing date: 27 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
13 Jun 2019
Level 3 (A level)
To assist the dentist in surgery. Decontamination of surgery and instruments. Reception duties, filing and answering phones.
- To provide chairside assistance ensuring the correct equipment is available
- Keep clinical area and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile according to the practices health and safety infection control procedures and manufacturers instructions
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients, accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety rules and guidance
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete lab request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice
Requirements and prospects
- Good time keeping
- Easy to get along with
- Outgoing personality
- People skills
English, maths and computer skills.
Potential of full time employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
About the employer
For over 50 years there has been a well respected dental practice at Greencroft Lodge. As well as excellent general dental care, we are dedicated to delivering a comprehensive range of high-quality services, including routine care for the optimum oral health and cosmetic treatments for smile enhancing results. As well as delivering consistently high standards of care, we provide a preventive approach to dentistry and the maintenance of exemplary safety standards. Working methods are regularly reviewed and all dental staff is committed to continuing their professional education.
The practice is reassuringly patient-focused, taking into account your wishes and listening to your concerns, as well as always fully explaining your options and openly detailing costs.
We are extremely proud to have become a Foundation Training practice. As part of the Northern Deanery, we keep up to date with the latest teachings and techniques, helping us to provide the best level of care possible to our patients.
NEW COLLEGE DURHAM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Durham
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.