Nursery Assistant Apprentice Little Diamonds Out Of School Club
Little Diamonds Out of School Club are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
03 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Positive management of children's behavior
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Contribute to planning observations and activities
- To use own initiative and work as part of a team
Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSEs A-C in Maths and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
Children and Young People's Workforce
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
emily laurenza 01277725974 email@example.com
Before you apply
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017