Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Heritage Day Nursery
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
£147.84 to £285.12
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
31 May 2019
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
GCSE C/4 or above in maths and English preferable (or equivalent)
Further Training, progression within the company, potential full time employment and wage increase based on performance.
Things to consider
From April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training
About the employer
Heritage Day Nursery is an equal opportunity employer, encouraging all staff to extend their own personal development. The company has Early Years Professionals to lead and support staff teams, who are all DBS checked. The nursery is situated at the heart of Dagenham and is very close to bus-stops and underground.
The nurseries offer facilities of the highest standard with many extra benefits for the most important, formative years of a child's life.
The rooms are light, spacious, beautifully decorated and well equipped. Outside there is a fantastic large, safe, enclosed play area with lots of opportunities for sharing, fun and learning.
Our nurseries are Ofsted registered which means they have been inspected for the main strengths and any areas for improvement which may be identified during the inspection. Our settings have achieved Good outcomes in last inspections, which means all aspects of the provision were strong in the quality and standards of care and nursery education.
In accordance with the Government guidelines regarding free early years childcare entitlement, Heritage Day nurseries is pleased to follow the Early Years Foundation Stage framework guidelines incorporating the three prime, and four specific areas of learning for children.
The nurseries is equipped with a wide range of equipment and activities with all ages and abilities in mind. We recognise the children develop at their own rates and in their own ways. We follow the children's interest and provide resources, opportunities and motivation for their next steps.
Most of all we create a secure and happy environment in which a child can express individual characteristics and achieve their full potential through purposeful play, developing self confidence, self discipline and independence.
All children feel extremely safe in the setting, enjoy their learning and demonstrate a strong sense of belonging'
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
It is the objective of Heritage Day Nursery to provide the highest standards of care and education for all the children. Heritage Day Nursery aim to provide a friendly, clean, comfortable and safe environment which the children will find stimulation and challenging, and where enjoyment and fun are linked with discovery and learning Staffs are sensible and responsive to the individual needs of each child.
To meet the above needs Heritage Day Nursery are committed to:
- Heritage Day Nursery delivers a service of the highest standards that will develop and improve each child’s quality of life.
- Respect each child as an individual taking into account their appropriate needs.
- Ensuring that our staffs are selected, training and supervised to meet the needs of the children in their care.
- Ensuring that the children are in the care of staff who are fully DBS checked.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Kelis Towe 01277725774 email@example.com
- Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2/3
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, maths and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Children, young people and families practitioner
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.