Ford Masters Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship Lancashire Ford
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
30 May 2019
An exciting opportunity for the Apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting senior technicians
Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories;
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
Requirements and prospects
Full training will be provided, no skills required
A keen interest in vehicles, the learner must be hard working and motivated with an interest to learn new skills, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent A-C 9/4 in English and maths required.
- A full time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles
- The opportunities are endless
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company
About the employer
Ford Dealership – (use the about me section on the employer website)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Leanne Sanneh 01923216165
Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend a Ford approved college four times a year for two week periods to work towards to achieve their Ford Masters Technical Certificate at VRQ Level 2 and/or 3. An advisor will visit at least every 6-8 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised framework qualification.
- Functional Skills (ICT, maths and English)
- VRQ Level 2 and/or Level 3
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
- Ford Masters Level 1 technician modules
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.