Hairdressing Apprenticeship Dare Salon & Academy
We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressers, who have a passion for wanting to become a hairdresser. The Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship training programme will last 15 - 18 months with the opportunity to progress to Level 3.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
21 Sep 2022
23 May 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in:
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Cutting hair
- Tinting hair
- Styling hair, setting and dressing hair
- Reception duties
Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon or in your workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills
- Be well presented in all aspects including clothing, hair and personal hygiene
- Be practical and well organised
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination
- You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser or barber
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Junior Stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more senior positions.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship programme will take up to 15 - 18 months to complete. During this time you will be expected to attend the academy one day a week and three to four days a week in the salon - you earn while you learn. It is often a fast paced environment. You may be expected to work Saturdays.
About the employer
Dare Salon and Academy is a dynamic and innovative vocational training organisation that specialises in high quality hairdressing training. Dare offers high quality training in Apprenticeships at our hairdressing academies. Dare provides training to hairdressing salons as well as training individuals that want a career in hairdressing. We provide training for salon juniors and we also provide salons with trainee pprentices Courses that have been carefully selected to meet the salon's own requirements.
All Dare courses have been carefully designed to motivate young people who want to be hairdressers to be the best that they can be; 'Aspire to Achieve Excellence'. We offer training that is designed to deliver a real work based experience and use professional teaching staff from within the industry to ensure that the curriculum meets the needs of the modern salon environment. Our innovative fast track Apprenticeship will also offer key employability skills such as customer service, commercial salon awareness and product sales.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Tara-Mia 02089539344 email@example.com
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing.
You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products. Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right.
Instead they are a framework made up of many elements. An intermediate NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing which is a work-based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready. This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of client
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- An intermediate Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills qualifications such as Communication and maths
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.