Hairdressing Apprenticeship Identity Hair & Beauty
An apprentice is required to assist the senior stylists and other staff in the day to day running of the salon, working with colleagues to complete tasks, learn and practise hairdressing techniques and treatments and understand knowledge of hairdressing treatments. You will also be required to fulfil general reception and cleaning duties.
Closing date: 29 Nov 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Nov 2022
23 Apr 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about hairdressing and progressing within the industry, have a professional manner and great communication skills.
Duties to include:
- Client consultation
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Style and finish hair
- General cleaning duties and stock taking
- Off the job training at chosen training provider
Requirements and prospects
- Can work as part of a team
- Can work individually if required
- Has good communication skills
- Has good customer service skills
The candidate must be:
- Enthusiastic about the job they are applying for
- Interested in Hairdressing
- Willing to do an apprenticeship and do off the job training as well
- GCSEs or equivalent are not required but can be advantageous when it comes to decision on Functional Skills maths and English level
On completion, Level 3 qualifications can be discussed and progression within the salon.
Things to consider
Please bear in mind that working within the Hair and Beauty industry you are required to work long hours and especially Hairdressing you will be active for long periods of time.
You are more than likely going to be required to work Saturdays as this is a busy day for salons.
Important Other Information
Apprenticeship Minimum Wage:
For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
All applications will come through to Oracle Training Consultants recruitment team who will then arrange for you attend an interview with them before sending you for an interview with the salon. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.
About the employer
Identity unisex hair has 4 stylist and an apprentice, all stylists are up to date in all hairdressing for all ages. Wedding Hair - Hair Extensions - Proms - Gents - colour Work - Children. All catered for.
ORACLE TRAINING CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oracle Training Consultants
Oracle Training 01709 720746 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training to be provided:
- Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- You will be required to do one day per week ‘off the job’ training at one of our specialist centres in either Doncaster or Rotherham dependant on the area you live in
- Whilst at Oracle you will do a full day with both practical and theory input included
- You will be assessed on your competence in both practical and Theory on the units selected on your course
- You will also be required to do an End Point Assessment (EPA) which will provide a snapshot holistic assessment of your practical skills, similar to an industry trade test
- You will demonstrate you can complete a range of services on a number of models to industry standards and within commercial timings
- You will gain a Hairdressing Level 2 NVQ Qualification
- You will be required to do Functional Skills in maths and English (dependant on any prior learning) - the level will be determined on GCSE results or equivalent
- We include Employee Rights and Responsibilities, British Values and Equality and Diversity which are embedded throughout your qualification
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.