Nursery Assistant Apprentice TOP TOTS MONTESSORI LIMITED
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Mar 2022
11 Apr 2019
Level 3 (A level)
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
GCSE C or above in maths and English preferable (or equivalent)
Further Training, progression within the company, potential full time employment and wage increase based on performance.
Things to consider
From April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
Our aim is to provide a nurturing and stimulating environment where your child can grow and learn through creative play. Our group was founded in 1995 and we strive to have an excellent reputation for a progressive and interesting method of education for babies and children, aged from 3 months to 5 years.
Our multi-age classrooms adopt independence, our broad curriculum encourages responsibility and respect and our dedicated team of staff help provides guidance at your child’s own pace. Come and visit us to see how Wonderland Day Nursery can help to provide the very important stepping-stones in the early stages of your child’s life, we will be delighted to welcome you.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Kelis Towe 01277725774 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training to follow the Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, maths and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.