Hairdressing Standard Apprentice at HOB Salon - Camden H O B Salons
We are looking for a Hair Professional Apprentice for our busy salon in Camden to learn the skills to become a Hairdressing Professional. You will carry out salon assistant duties whilst learning working behaviours consultation/client care, shampoo & conditioning, style & setting hair, cut and colour hair, and hair extension services.
Closing date: 14 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Dec 2021
08 Apr 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
HOB Salons in Camden, have immediate vacancies for up to 4 apprentices in our very busy salon. We would love you to join our team, if you are willing to work hard and be rewarded with great training and a great future career.
Key responsibilities and day-to-day tasks:
- Work towards your Hair Professionals Standard Diploma
- Develop your practical and client care skills alongside your working values and behaviours
- Support with the smooth day to day running of the salon
- Excellent customer service skills to include 'Front of House' duties (reception)
- Offer an excellent service to reflect the HOB brand
- Assist and work alongside experienced Stylists and Colour Technicians continuously
- Maintain HOB Salons professional standards
- Maintain salon cleanliness and hygiene
Follow company policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Professional work-ready positive attitude and behaviour
- Communication skills and the confidence to talk face-to-face with clients
- Customer service and client care skills
- Friendly approach and kind natured to all
- Willingness to help others and team spirited
- Ability to get up, prepared for work and arrive in a timely manner
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative, motivation and enthusiasm
- Willingness to learn and progress with skills
Ideally the applicant will have:
English GCSE Grade D/3 or above
Maths GCSE Grade D/3 or above
Functional Skills English or Maths to Level 1
On completion of your Hair Professionals Diploma and passing your End Point Assessment you will progress on to the HOB graduate programme as a Stylist or Colour Technician. HOB Salon group has many future career pathways; you can work towards becoming a successful stylist, progress to an assistant manager/salon manager or work really hard and become a Franchisee salon owner. You could even choose to become an Educator or work part of the HOB Creative team. We have an amazing support network to help you achieve your career aspirations
Things to consider
Hairdressing is hard work, long hours and part of work, not school - Are you ready for working 40 hours per week, in one of the best salon groups in the country? The role includes weekend working, at least one late night and one model night per week.
Our clients expect high standards from us and HOB Salons expect high standards from YOU.
This apprenticeship offers you the potential for an amazing career and a very exciting future.
You may need to continue or further developer your maths and English skills depending on your GCSE results.
About the employer
HOB Salons have a warm and welcoming atmosphere coupled with a commitment to give every client a look they will love, which has seen HOB gain five star status in the Good Salon Guide and win the much coveted British Hairdresser of the Year Award, achieving a reputation as award-winning top hairdressers. "Education is the key to our success; combined with an uncompromising approach to quality, which defines us as a company, training has been key in helping us reach our objective to deliver excellence”.
HOB SALONS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HOB SALONS LIMITED
Alyson Abrahams 01923 854100 email@example.com
You will attend the HOB Apprentice Academy in Camden one day a week for Hair Professional off-the-job training and maths and English sessions if required. You will be visited in your salon once a month for additional assessment opportunities carried out by the Academy Assessors and participate in at least one model night per week with your In-House salon trainer (for additional off-the-job training.) You will attend the salon for 4 days per week, working a total of 40 hours per week including your off-the-job training. Your working days will vary depending on your college training day and your days off. This is to be confirmed as you become employed and are enrolled on the programme.
- Level 2 Hair Professional
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.