Apprentice Hairdresser ALAN LAWRENCE HAIRDRESSERS LLP
We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressers, who have a passion for wanting to become a hairdresser. The Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship training programme will last 15 - 18 months with the opportunity to progress to Level 3.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 May 2022
21 Mar 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and condition customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair, etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in:
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Cutting hair
- Tinting hair
- Styling hair, setting and dressing hair
- Reception duties
Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon or in your workplace.
Requirements and prospects
- Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy.
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills.
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene.
- Be practical and well organised.
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination.
- You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser or barber.
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Junior Stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more senior positions.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship programme will take up to 15 - 18 months to complete. During this time you will be expected to attend the academy one day a week and three to four days a week in the salon - you earn while you learn. It is often a fast paced environment. You may be expected to work Saturdays.
About the employer
At Alan Lawrence Hair Salon, we believe that your style defines who you are, nothing has the power to affect your self-esteem like a great haircut and colour. That is why we, at Alan Lawrence, pride ourselves in being the leading hair salon in North London and bringing all the latest and modern hair styles to you. Since established in 1976, we have built a large and loyal clientele (please see our Reviews page) and as a thank you, we have made available a client referral scheme for all our existing loyal clients. Our wide variety of services will ensure that you are feeling great and always looking your best. With the highest quality styles, colours and hair care services, you need not look any further for all your styling needs. Our fully qualified staff come highly recommended and through on-going training are guaranteed to keep up with the latest trends and tips. We will cater to your every need, from a simple cut to a gorgeous cut, colour and styling that will ensure you are looking and feeling your best. Once you enter the door, you will feel assured that you will be looked after by a highly-skilled and enthusiastic team who are up to date with the latest trends in hair styling and who guarantee that you will not be disappointed. Our team of hairdressers in Barnet is known widely for their expertise in colouring. We have hundreds of colour and shade combinations that will always make you the centre of attention. Whilst all of our stylists and colour technicians are individual, every client can expect to receive the same expert level of uncompromising service at the Alan Lawrence hairdresser in Barnet.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Holly 0208 9539 3944 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing.
You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork, and retail skills, including English and maths.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products. Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right.
Instead they are a framework made up of many elements. An intermediate NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing which is a work-based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready.
This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of client
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- An intermediate Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills qualifications such as communication and maths (where applicable)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.