Care Apprentice WESTFIELD RESIDENTIAL HOME LTD
A new opportunity has arisen for a care apprentice to work within our friendly care home assisting service users with personal care and daily living tasks.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
26 Feb 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are seeking a care apprentice to work within our friendly care home assisting service users with personal care and daily living tasks.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Assisting service users with the personal care hygiene
- Supporting clients with bath times and mobility.
- Welcoming visitors and making refreshments
- Assisting with meals and dietary needs as per individual care plan.
- Assisting the clients with social activities
- Engaging with the clients, talking to them and building a rapport.
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for applications from individuals who have the following skills:
- You need to be confident and have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision.
- Must have a patient and caring nature and the ability to work with the elderly.
- Communication skills are vital in this role; successful applicants will be able to chat with clients from different backgrounds and different levels of speech ability.
- You must have good time management skills; you must be a punctual person and be on time for work
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail.
- This is a challenging and hard environment to work within; candidates must have a flexible approach to work.
- You must be self driven, and have an enthusiastic approach to your work with a desire to succeed and make a contribution to the lives of our residents, and the care industry.
- You must have a good sense of humour and a dedication to get jobs done.
- Successful candidates will have a lot of patience, have a caring approach and be understanding.
Must have achieved a minimum of Level 1 / GCSE Grade D or Grade 3 (as per new grading system) in maths and English or equivalent qualification.
Very good prospects for the right candidate with the possibility of securing a permanent position within the company on completion of the qualification with further development opportunities.
Things to consider
Working hours are flexible to be negotiated with the Home Manager. Candidates must ensure that they are able to travel to the location in line with the hours of work before applying. *Please note all applicants must apply through this website and must not contact the employer direct. The employer MUST NOT be contacted by other providers or external organisations, all contacts are being monitored and will be reported to the ESFA.
This vacancy may close earlier than stated due to the high demand we are anticipating in response to the advert. We will therefore close the vacancy should the employer receive an adequate number of applications.
Additional to the on-line application please email a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that you provide a current email address and contact number to enable us to contact you upon receipt of your application to organise interviews.
About the employer
- Care home
- Conditions cared for: Older people generally / People with dementia
- Care period: Longer stay
- This home accommodates 23 residents in 10 single and 2 shared rooms (8 en suite)
- The home is in an urban location. Bus stop 250 yards; shop 250 yards; post office 250 yards;
- Residents can usually bring their pet. Activities are arranged
CHAMBER TRAINING (HUMBER) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chamber Training (Humber) Limited
Carol Gill 01482 611896 email@example.com
The Apprenticeship standard is comprised of the following elements:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- Care Certificate
The care certificate is part of a high-quality induction programme carried out in the workplace with your employer. We will support you and your employer with this aspect of your training by mapping this into your individual training plan.
- English Level 1 (must be achieved) work towards level 2 and sit test
- Maths Level 1 (must be achieved) work towards level 2 and sit test
Day release may be required for training - Assessed through external test
20% Additional off the job training
Must be at least 20% of the time; is paid and outside the normal day-to-day working duties. It can include: * Theory teaching * Practical training (e.g. shadowing, mentoring, industry visits, attendance at competitions) * Learning support * Writing assignments/assessments * Research
End Point Assessment (Requirement to achieve the Apprenticeship Standard)
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.