Hair Professional Apprentice Chris Anastasiou & Bobbie Anastasiou
We are looking for an exceptional Hair Professional Apprentice. You will train one day a week at our state of the art training academy and salon in Loughton where you will experience the highest quality technical training in a brand new salon environment.
Closing date: 01 May 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Days and shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 May 2023
03 Jan 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
The job role within the hairdressing salons will be as a Hair Professional Apprentice and you will be expected to:
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Excellent social skills
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing face-to-face with clients or speaking on the telephone
- Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy
- We are looking for apprentices that are enthusiastic and motivated about training to be a hairdresser, together with the ability to take an active part in studying for your hairdressing qualification, as well as being prepared to work hard both in the hairdressing salon and academy
You would also need to:
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene
- Be practical and well organised
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract
- Have a high degree of dexterity and co-ordination
- You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a Hairdresser
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing apprenticeship, although an average level of English and maths is important
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Junior stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more senior positions. Hairdressing skills are also required in the theatre, film, TV and magazine work.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship programme will take 15 - 18 months to complete.
During this time you will be expected to attend the Academy one day a week and three to four days a week in the salon - you earn while you learn.
About the employer
Established since 1984, Finesse has built its reputation through high standards of hairdressing and great customer feedback, read our reviews here. Our team of fully qualified hair stylists focus on the needs of each individual client with care and attention. Our passion is to create beautiful styled hair that suit the individual and make sure every single person feels special.
We want to make your Finesse experience as unique and memorable as you are. Our mission is to consistently bring you the latest styles and ideas, by keeping up with the current trends and constantly educating ourselves about the best practices.
Chris Anastasiou & Bobbie Anastasiou
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Taylor 0208 953 9344 Taylor@lhaa.co.uk
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning, cutting hair, tinting hair, styling hair, setting and dressing hair and reception duties.
Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in LHAA's training salon in Loughton or in your workplace.
LHAA will provide a personal apprenticeship mentor to support you through the programme both at the Academy and at your place of work.
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing.
You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products.
Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right. Instead they are a framework made up of many elements.
An intermediate NVQ level 2 Hair Professional Diploma which is a work based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready.
This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of clients
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- Functional Skills qualifications such as communication and maths (if required)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.