Apprentice Nursery Nurse Gillitots Day Nursery
The position is initially to work in their baby room along side an experienced level 3 nursery nurse. However they are a small nursery and being able to adapt to different age groups will be essential as the position will require at times for the candidate to move around rooms to work with other level 3 nursery nurses.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
23 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Gillitots Day Nursery are looking to recruit an Apprentice Nursery Nurse to join their team based in Partington.
- Follow the programme of activities suitable to the age range of the children in your care in conjunction with other staff.
- Work alongside other members of staff and learn from their skills.
- Build relationships with parents and be informative on their child’s day at nursery.
- Work well within a team and be a team player.
- Attend all out of working hour’s activities such as further training and planned staff meetings.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery.
- Undertake domestic jobs within your unit as set by your Head of Room.
- Ensure that you personally develop your role within the team especially with regard to becoming a key-worker.
- Be able to work from own initiative and utilise your skills throughout the nursery as a whole.
- Respect the nursery’s policy on confidentiality on information received about the children.
- Aim to work towards the philosophy of the nursery and maintain the highest standards of care at all times.
- Be aware of the high profile of the nursery and uphold its standards at all times
- We are looking for someone who has some experience in a nursery setting
Requirements and prospects
- A commitment to providing high quality childcare
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training
- Interest in the care, learning and development of young children
Polite, well-mannered, able to work with children, punctual
GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Gillitots Day Nursery
Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Functional Skills Level 1 Maths, English and ICT are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved.
You may be expected to attend Salford City College 1 day per week for Functional Skills classes if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017