Grounds Maintenance Apprenticeship Ca Technology R&D Ltd
Apprentice gardener required for a grounds maintenance team. We require a motivated, polite, hardworking team member. With a wide range of horticultural skills to be learnt, you can be proud of what you have achieved each week.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
03 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
CA Technologies carry out a wide range of horticultural jobs on commercial/communal grounds at Ditton Park. You will be part of a small team of experienced grounds maintenance operatives and be involved in a wide variety of Horticultural task from working on the lawns, to veg garden work, to marking out the sports areas and more.
The tasks you will be involved with include:
- Grass cutting
- High quality hedge cutting and pruning
- Leaf collection
- Tree pruning
- Veg garden
- Flower bed planting
- Maintenance of machinery
- Marking out and more
On the job training is provided, with an ability to work in a team, and also to be self-motivated, a requirement.
A range of different equipment is used and work is always conducted to a high standard. There will be regular interaction with clients so a polite, well presented representative of the business is an important quality. No two weeks are the same, and a desire to be proud of what you have achieved, is vital.
As part of the apprenticeship you will attend Berkshire College of Agriculture – this is part of your contacted paid hours.
- Free Shuttle service to and from the local train stations at Datchet and Slough
- Free access to the site gym
- Uniform provided
- Subsidised meals
Requirements and prospects
- To be horticulturally minded and enjoy working outside
- A good communicator
- Likes working in a team
- Polite and presentable
- A desire to learn and to be open to new ways of doing things
- To be able to work diligently to achieve a goal individually or as a team
GCSEs grade A*-C in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
Things to consider
About the employer
- College attendance required once a week
- Diploma in Horticulture Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths unless exempt
- Functional Skills English unless exempt
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Berkshire College of Agriculture
Emma Hurley 01628 827530 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017