Level 2 Hospitality Services Apprentice USL (TRADING) LIMITED
Hospitality Services Apprentice required to work in the three eating areas within the Botany Bay Retail Outlet. We require staff who can pick up the pace and go the extra mile on a regular basis to maintain our high standards.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
02 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We have three eating areas open 7 days a week:
Smethurst Restaurant serves breakfast 10.00-12.00 and a home cooked food menu 12.00-16.00.
Café 1855 serves hot and cold sandwiches, paninis, beverages and confectionery 09.30-17.00
The Galley Café in Puddletown Pirates serves burgers and fries etc for children and adults 10.00-17.00
We also have a Function Room within Smethursts Restaurant where we service Parties for any occasion both hot meals and buffets.
Our Front of House Staff can be asked to work in any of the three areas depending on staff availability. Our staff generally work five days a week and it is possible to be flexible with the days if we have a full complement of staff. We would try to meet your needs as much as possible but obviously needs to have a full complement of staff for all hours open.
The main duties include:
- Taking customer orders for food and drink using an electronic point of sale system as the till
- Preparing and serving hot and cold beverages, cakes biscuits ready-made sandwiches etc
- Taking payment from the customer using cash or debit/credit cards
- Keeping the service area stocked appropriately and clean and tidy
- Keeping the tables and the table areas clear and clean at all times
- Collecting and washing pots and cutlery, also kitchen pots using our dish washer
- Liaising with the supervisor regarding stock ordering and stock rotation
- Liaising with our chefs to maintain knowledge of our menus including allergies so that customer questions can be answered quickly and accurately
Our staff work closely as a team both front and back of house to provide a high standard of customer service.
Requirements and prospects
- Outgoing and friendly
- Attention to detail
- Ensures high levels of customer service
GCSE grades A*-D including English and Maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Apprenticeship Framework to include:
- NVQ Technical Certificate
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills if required
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Steph Ashton 01772 643008
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017