Apprentice Nursery Assistant Didsbury Village Day Nursery And Holiday Club
Didsbury Village Day Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in working with children to work as part of a team to deliver high standards of childcare & education to our children in line with every child matters and early years foundation stage.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
28 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To work as part of a team to deliver high standards of childcare & education to our children in line with every child matters and early years foundation stage.
- To work to defined standards in the delivery of childcare and education
- To liaise with colleagues and managers to ensure effective communication with parents
- To work in a safe and healthy way including maintaining standards of hygiene
- To contribute to the development
- To follow all OFSTED requirements showing knowledge and due commitment to the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- To follow established nursery policies and procedures
- To welcome children & parents into the nursery
- To contribute to the development, education and well-being of our children
- To take parents views into account in the delivery of childcare
- To communicate relevant information about a child to parents in line with procedures
- To contribute to the delivery of activities suitable to the children’s ages & development
- To ensure the toys and other nursery equipment are clean & maintained showing due awareness of risk assessment
- To attend & participate in staff meetings and training as required
- To demonstrate commitment to children, their parents, the staff team and the manager
- To understand children’s needs and behaviour
Requirements and prospects
- Health & Safety policies, procedures and legislation
- Basic First Aid
- Basic Food Hygiene
- All nursery policies & procedures including Behaviour Management, Equal Opportunities, Special Educational Needs, Children’s Safeguarding (including British Values & Prevent Duty), Confidentiality and Mobile Phone and Social Networking policies
- National standards and frameworks
- Present a positive professional image of self and Didsbury Village Day Nursery including personal appearance, punctuality, honesty and reliability etc.
- Display kindness, responsiveness and patience towards the children and enjoy their company
- To develop warm relationships with the children and their parents
- Willingness to be responsive and flexible towards the needs of the nursery, the children & their parents
- Ability to accept feedback and a willingness to learn/develop own skills, knowledge and behaviours
- Display assertiveness and persistence by reacting positively to set-backs
- Work as part of a team by showing respect, support and consideration for the views and actions of colleagues and others
- Take a personal pride in achievements and give recognition to others for their part
- Acting with integrity and in line with the values of
Must have GCSE grades A-C in Maths & English or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve a Level 2 qualification in Children and Young People's Workforce.
The majority of your training will be in the workplace, where you will be visited by an assessor every 4-6 weeks.
However, you may also be required to attend Salford City College for additional Functional Skills classes.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 01616315555 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017