Apprentice nursery assistant The House That Jack Built
This is a great opportunity to begin your childcare career in an 'outstanding' nursery, operated as part of The House That Jack Built group. Working with babies and young children up to the age of 5 you will be providing activities based on the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum ensuring a safe stimulating environment.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
08 Aug 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an apprentice nursery assistant, your main responsibilities will include:
- To maintain a welcoming atmosphere and greet children on arrival
- To work as directed by the nursery manager to ensure compliance with all legal requirements
- To plan and carry out activities and play with the children
- To ensure adequate nursery hygiene
- To liaise with parents and carers
- To ensure all planned activities are carried out in an effective manner
- To adhere to nursery practices and procedures
- To work within a safe and secure systems of work at all times
Requirements and prospects
Good communication. flexibility, reliability, able to work in a team
You must be dedicated, patient and hard working and you must enjoy being around children and be interested in their development.
GCSE's grades A* to C in Maths, English and ICT or equivalent, however tutition will be available
About the employer
An intermediate Apprenticeship in the Early Years Educator includes:
- NVQ level 2 in EYE
- Paediatric First Aid
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT, depending in prior qualifications.
This will be completed by monthly workshops either at The Henley College or on site at the nursery. The workshops will be supported by regular assessments in your workplace.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
Denise Monaghan 01491 634167
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2017