A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a Front of House Apprentice with a relentless passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience to join the team at the new refurbished Horse & Jockey in Wessington, Derbyshire.
Front of House Apprentice
Horse & Jockey
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Monday - Friday predominately, but may include evening and weekends.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2017
27 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will have clear and confident communication skills and will have a professional work ethic with a desire to work in a company passionate about customer service excellence.
Working within a small busy team the role will require a flexible individual who is willing to be involved in all aspects of the company including on-site assistance with events.
- This position would suit an individual looking to develop and grow with a young and expanding company.
- As Front of House Apprentice you will be working and completing a variety of tasks.
These tasks include:
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain the high level of customer service to all past, existing and future clients in line with company policy
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
- Receiving and greeting clients
- Support the general business administration including dealing with clients and processing a variety of paperwork..
- Maintain high levels of Health & Safety awareness and report any areas of concerns immediately
- Maintain high standards of house-keeping for all areas of the site
- Put improvement suggestions forward where appropriate
- Assist other team members with their day to day activities as necessary
- To fulfil the requirements of the Apprenticeship scheme
- As part of the apprenticeship you will be working towards a Level 2 in Customer Service
Requirements and prospects
- Pride in consistently delivering excellent customer service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure remaining calm in a fast paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Attention to detail to ensure all information is communicated and recorded correctly
- Willingness to undertake any training offered to improve skills or gain qualifications
- Resourceful, flexible and pro-active
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Friendly team player with a genuine desire to learn
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of the team
- Confident & outgoing manner
- Tact & diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- Strong work ethic and genuine desire to succeed in the workplace
3 GCSE' s at Grade A*- C or equivalent, being Math's, English & ICT.
As a new business venture, we are looking for candidates that wish to grow with the company, share ideas and inspire others.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of the role you must be flexible to work evenings and weekends as part of your standard working week. The Horse & Jockey is in a rural location, however there is a regular bus route running to the village.
About the employer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join this friendly hospitality team as a Receptionist within their newly refurbished premises. The successful applicant will become an integral part of the day to day business offered by this prestigious venue delivering a consistently friendly & professional approach to their clients & colleagues alike The Horse & Jockey, Wessington is undergoing a major refurbishment part of which is to establish this prestigious venue as the number one choice for weddings and other events. Exciting developments are also underway at their sister venue The White Hart near Alfreton. The company is committed to the training and development of their personnel and this role provides a genuine opportunity for someone with the right attitude to establish themselves as an integral part of the team. Delivering outstanding quality time after time means that they expect consistently high service levels excellence to be delivered by their staff at all times.
- NVQ in Customer Service Level 2
- Functional Skills English (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Maths (if applicable)
- Functional Skills ICT (if applicable)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
Emma Braybrooke 01332 296 995 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017