Food and Beverage Apprentice Mckennas Catering Limited
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with passion and determination to join a successful team.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
24 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a varied and exciting role. Strong customer service skills are essential, along with the ability to work well within a team.
- Greeting and sitting customers
- Serving customers food and drinks
- Preparing hot and cold drinks
- Taking orders setting and setting up the restaurant for service.
You will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining the high standards of the work stations and keeping the highest standards of personal hygiene.
- Support the team in ensuring the efficient and effective running of the floor.
- Ensure and maintain standards of cleanliness, relating to the working areas, complying with company standards and legal requirements.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, with careful consideration of preparation
- Ability to cope well under pressure and use own initiative
- Presentable and professional
Must have GCSEs grades D or above in both English & Mathematics (or equivalent)
About the employer
There is a real joy in coming to Northern Stage for dinner... There's something of an air of anticipation around the place, and being part of something.
Breakfast can be picked up between 10am and 12noon if you fancy a bacon sandwich or a full vegetarian breakfast. McKenna’s wide range of coffee and teas are all fair trade. During the day the foyer area serves wholesome lunchtime sandwiches, with Cajun Chicken with Mozarella and Chilli, and Lemon Roasted Sicilian Vegetables and Rocket proving most popular amongst the Northern Stage staff. There’s also a huge tapas menu (which also caters brilliantly for vegetarians) with everything from calamari, patata bravas and chorizo, to potato skins, hummus and stuffed roasted aubergines.
On most evenings from 5.30pm the upstairs restaurant deck is opened to the public and the Bistro Menu becomes available. Revised weekly, the food has won the Bistro critical acclaim from various publications. Starters vary from homemade soups to Grilled Black Pudding. For mains you can find anything from Pan Fried Sea Bass and Wilted Greens, to Vegetable Thai Green Curry to Chargrilled Ribeye Steak. Deserts have included Crème Brulee, Lemon Meringue Pie and Apple and Pear Crumble with Custard.
The Northern Stage drinking establishment has always been famed for its friendly atmosphere. Many regulars of Newcastle Playhouse have returned to the improved bar to find that they can still talk to actors after a show and carry on drinking into the small hours. McKenna’s provides a selection of draught and bottled lagers and bitters, as well as a host of spirits and wines.
- You will work towards a Level 2 NVQ Certificate in food and beverage service with a day release to Gateshead College to complete Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.
- The remainder of the training is to be carried out at in the work place.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gateshead College
Ryan Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017