Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Bowes Park Nursery
This an excellent opportunity to develop your career in Childcare and become a member of the team. You will be supporting and assisting the managers/room leaders with the day to day physical, emotional and educational needs of the children. Also help in creating a happy and stimulating environment for all children.
Closing date: 26 May 2022
£168.35 to £332.50
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
19 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To assist with the development and implementation of procedures to monitor and record child development
- To provide a planned and stimulating environment that supports and extends the educational needs of the children
- To produce accurate and effective observations in order to track the children’s progress and the effectiveness of the learning environmen
- To manage the children’s behaviour according to the policies and procedures.
- To follow routines in line with the settings policies. To offer stability and continuity for the children, safely supervising at all times
- To share tasks necessary as part of the general day to day up keep of the setting such as cleaning which contribute to the general well-being of the team, children and parents that use the setting
- To undertake specific roles and responsibilities within the nursery and complete relevant training both internally and externally relevant to that role. To participate in and contribute to regular staff meetings and training to improve skills and knowledge that enhances practice
- To work within the settings policies and procedures at all times
- To ensure that children have access to the EYFS through play and that the planned activities are based on children’s needs. To keep records of development up to date on all key children
- To develop positive relationships with children and their families, particularly key children
- To give regular feedback to parents about their child’s development and progress and to offer support and advice in moving them forward together
- To be able to work independently, using own initiative and be flexible and adaptable
- To implement and adhere to the settings policies and procedures when dealing with the Health and Safety and Safeguarding of children
- To manage time effectively
- To work with other professionals, such as speech therapists when necessary and implement advice and procedures they recommend in order to support the children
- To help children with feeding, changing clothes, toileting, maintaining hygienic standards at all times and working within the settings policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good communication and observation/listening skills
- Experience in working with young children desirable, but not essential
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children
- Positive attitude
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Must be able to be patient
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- Good timekeeping.
No formal qualifications required but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable
The successful candidate can go onto further training or an apprenticeship at Level 3, or into employment.
About the employer
Bowes Park Nursery has been purposefully designed and equipped to accommodate preschool children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years. We offer a warm and welcoming atmosphere which is both stimulating and safe.
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805980150 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Years Practitioner Qualification Level: 2
- Paediatric First Aid
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.