Childcare Assistant Apprentice Kiddies Corner Nursery
Do you want to work with children? Where education, care and play go hand in hand? Interested? Be part of a nurturing and creative world with this great opportunity to be a Childcare Apprentice at Kiddies Corner Nursery.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
20 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To contribute in providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery.
- To give support to other personnel in the Nursery.
- To implement the daily routine in the room.
- To work together as a team supporting each other for the benefit of the children.
- Liaise with Parent’s and Carer’s sharing information about their child’s development.
- Where required attend College and complete assignments on time.
- Deliver a programme of exciting play opportunities and activities suitable to the age range and developmental needs of the children in your room which will motivate their learning and integration within the nursery.
- To ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children that takes into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential
- Keep well-informed of legislation, guidelines and policies to ensure the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements are met at all times.
- Support all staff and engage in the development of a strong, knowledgeable staff team.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack, meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the nursery is fulfilled.
- Ensure children are collected by someone known to the nursery.
- To ensure compliance with legislative requirements at all times.
- To ensure that the nursery conforms to and exceeds the requirements of Ofsted.
- To ensure that the nursery consistently meets the requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage to a minimum good standard.
- To uphold and ensure a high standard of care in the nursery.
- To help and support students/volunteers on placement.
- To implement and maintain the company’s Equality policy ensuring that children, parents and the staff team are valued and practice is positive and non-discriminatory.
- To monitor any safeguarding issues following nursery and local authority procedures.
- To give daily feedback to the Manager about the nursery including any complaints received or any situation that may be detrimental to the company.
Requirements and prospects
- Empathy and understanding of children under five.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents. Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records.
- Excellent organizational skills Administrative and basic IT skills
- Calm and caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- A good sense of humour
You will need 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English and maths or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT
Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
(Work based learning)
Children and Young People's Workforce
PROFOUND SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profound Services Ltd
Claire Turner 01915874570 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017