Apprentice Fish Fryer Plaice Station
We have an exciting opportunity available for a apprentice fish fryer to join our team in a our fish and chips shop.We are looking for hard working, committed, talented and ambitious individuals. We'll offer training from the onset and lot of prospects to gain skills and knowledge as part of the level 2 Fish and Shellfish Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
20 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The fish fryer will work in a small team in a high street fish & chip shop/ restaurant with lots of prospects to gain skills and knowledge as part of their fish and shellfish intermediate apprenticeship.
- As a fish fryer you will be able to take in deliveries of fish and shellfish from suppliers
- Prepare the fish and shellfish for cooking
- Help to supply cooked items for the customers.
A good knowledge of the fish and chip shop business will become second nature to you as you work through your apprenticeship programme.
- You will also learn how to handle and prepare fish and shellfish
- Deal with customer enquiries
- Clean and maintain shop hygiene
- Contribute to the success of this small, modern business.
You will be fully trained in all aspects of your job role and there will be some flexibility within your apprenticeship to tailor your programme. You will work closely with the (owner/manager of the business) and other employees.
As part of an intermediate apprenticeship you will also achieve qualifications in English and Maths.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of fish frying ideal, but not essential
- Be able to communicate with different sectors of the public
- Work in a small team
- Potential to acquire a new set of skills
- Good time keeping
- Pleasant manners and approachable
- Clean, tidy and hygienic.
- Be able to work in a small team.
- Prepared to handle and work with raw fish and shellfish
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
A Work based Intermediate Apprenticeship Fish and Shellfish at Level 2 will be offered
Functional Skills if required
Note achieving Math and English Level 1 is essential to complete the apprenticeship programme.
Food and Drink
STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017