This is an amazing apprenticeship opportunity to work as a maintenance engineer within a large engineering fabrication business based in Burton.
Hi-Tech Fabrication Ltd
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.55 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £6.95 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon to Fri 8.30am-5pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Mar 2017
19 Oct 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Assist all departments with any requirements as instructed
- Manage PAT Testing of all equipment OUTSIDE SOURCE
- Repair machinery as required
- Deliver or collect items when necessary
- Housekeeping of maintenance area and any other designated areas
- Maintenance & Servicing of all equipment / machinery as per the maintenance daily / weekly / monthly / annual schedules
- Maintenance & Servicing of all equipment in accordance with documented safe working methods & risk assessments
- 6 Monthly Checks of Emergency Lighting
- 6 Monthly Checks of Fire Doors
- Monthly Check of Fire Extinguishers
- Manage the on-site activities for the Loler inspections required for FLT, Cranes, and Lifting Equipment
- Colour tag all lifting equipment
- Manage all contractors on site carrying out repair / maintenance to equipment
- Carry out all work in accordance with ISO 1400 Environmental procedures
- Carry out all work in accordance with ISO 9001 Quality Management procedures
- Carry out risk assessments prior to installing new equipment or carrying out new tasks as required
- Up keep of van and daily log checks
- Up keep of lorry and daily log checks
- Weekly forklift and tractor checks, oil, water etc
- Weekly inventory checks, maintain stock levels
- Keep all daily and weekly checks up to date
Requirements and prospects
- Basic engineering experience
- Good communicator
- Can do attitude
- Likes fixing things
- Shows initiative
- Willing to learn
- Hard worker
- Team player
- Grade C GCSEs in English, Maths and Science (or equivalent)
- Level 2 in Engineering would be advantageous
Progression within the business.
About the employer
Hi-Tech Fabrication is a subsidiary of Manoir Industries. Manoir Industries are designers and manufacturers of highly-engineered speciality metal components and assemblies for the aerospace, petrochemical, nuclear, energy, steel and defence industries. To visit the Manoir Industries website please click on the following link: www.manoir-industries.com The Directors of Hi-Tech Fabrication, who have long-standing experience in metal manufacture, fabrication and welding, have created a responsive, quality conscious fabrication company to supply the Petrochemical, Oil, Gas, Water, Pharmaceutical and Nuclear Industries. Hi-Tech Fabrication has extensive experience in the fabrication and welding of heat resistant and corrosion resistant steels and alloys and specialises in high temperature and high pressure furnace tubes and components. Hi-Tech Fabrication personnel have for many years been involved in the supply of products to major clients where strict adherence to quality manufacture and specifications are paramount. Hi-Tech Fabrication is ISO 9001:2000 approved and routinely applies the full parameters of established quality control procedures and specifications such as ASME VIII, ASME IX, ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3. The management and staff place great importance on controlling and maintaining the health, safety and welfare of its employees and others who may be affected by the company’s activities. Full Health and Safety policies and provisions are in place and regularly monitored. Being located in the heart of the UK, with easily accessible motorway routes, makes the location of Hi-Tech Fabrication an important asset, allowing wide and long loads to be transported without difficulty.
Your apprenticeship will include:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Technical Certificate in Engineering - BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
- Functional Skills Communication (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Application of Number (if applicable)
- Functional Skills Information Communication Technology (if applicable)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332 296995 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017