Apprentice Stable Hand Lumb Brook Livery
An opportunity has arisen to join the team at Lumb Brook livery, you will be working with a very experienced team, learning new skills and developing yourself. You will cover general yard duties and also have an opportunity to ride given you have relevant experience. This is an exciting opportunity which we expect to fill soon.
Closing date: 06 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
09 Sep 2017
18 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main activities of the job in full detail:
- Mucking out
- Turning out and caching horses
- Tacking up
- Use of horse walker
- Lunging if and when capable
- Riding as above
- Dealing with liveries
- Dealing with young stock and competition horses
- Preparing horses for sale
- Preparing horses for competition
- Feeding horses
- General horse management including a knowledge of basic ailments
- Assisting vet if required
- Field management
Requirements and prospects
Some experience and confidence working with horses is essential in this role.
- The successful candidate is required to be motivated, reliable and have some experience around horses.
- We require a person who is confident around horses, is cheerful and willing to learn.
- Opportunities to ride for the more competent rider.
- We require someone with transport.
GCSES English and Maths or equivalent are desirable however not essential as Functional Skills are offered as part of the Apprenticeship Framework.
Things to consider
About the employer
Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship provider for this Level 2 apprenticeship. The employer will give guidance and support throughout.
The Framework of your apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in Math’s, English & ICT.
Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
Stephen Morris 01270 613221 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Sep 2017