Horticulture Apprentice Victoria Hotel
Are you looking for a career in Garden Maintenance and Horticulture? The Victoria Hotel in Sidmouth is offering a fantastic opportunity to join their Gardening Team as an apprentice.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
£162.00 - £282.00
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
14 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Victoria Hotel is seeking a passionate and motivated individual to join them as a Horticulture Apprentice. This This is a great opportunity to train, work and develop your horticultural career within a reputable organisation. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To assist with all aspects of basic ground care maintenance and work as part of the gardening team
- To carry out grass cutting, watering, weeding, edging, pruning, bed preparation and planting.
- To assist in propagation of plants from seeds or cuttings for use within the hotel grounds.
- To use basic garden machinery, hedge cutters, mowers and strimmers as and when required.
- To keep the gardens and highway footpaths clear and free from litter at all times.
- To carry out gritting, salt spreading and snow clearing when required.
- To take note and familiarise yourself with the plants and trees on the premises.
- Be punctual. Don’t let your colleagues down by being late, they will need to cover for you.
- Present yourself properly, dressed in the standard uniform in a clean and correct manner.
- To assist the management team by reporting any complaints or comment made by customers.
- To adhere to hotel rules.
- The job may also include other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
Requirements and prospects
You will need to be motivated and well organised and demonstrate good communication skills, and a clear understanding of what your HOD (Head of Department) requires. You will be required to act efficiently and professionally at all times, and provide all the support and flexibility that the position requires.
- Use own initiative
- Problem solver/Logical
- Have physical strength
- Can work well in a team
- Have a sense of humour
GCSE Grades – Two D’s or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Horticulture
- Functional Skills in Maths and English, if required.
- On the job training will be provided via practical tasks and mentorship from Head Gardener
- Additional training courses and progression are available for the right candidate
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bicton College
Dave Green 0845 60 99 599 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017