Apprentice Dental Nurse Cambridge Street Dental Practice
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
02 Jun 2022
05 Apr 2018
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the Apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
The ideal candidate will have grade C’s GCSE or above in English and Maths. They must be organised, with good communication skills, be computer literate, keen to learn, be of smart and professional appearance at all times and have a positive attitude.
Cambridge Street Dental Practice are looking to recruit a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic person who wants to develop a career in dental nursing.
We are a friendly and well established practice in Cambridgeshire and are looking for someone to join our growing team.
Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a mature and hardworking attitude. They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work.
As a dental nurse your duties would include;
- Providing chair side assistance to the dentist.
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients.
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment.
- Sterilisation of instruments.
- Mixing materials.
- Charting on the computer.
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures.
- Developing digital x-rays.
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery.
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, with good communication skills, computer literate, and keen to learn.
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C and above (or equivalent)
- (Qualification will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer).
- An initial assessment for Maths and English is also required.
- There are good career progression opportunities for example; Hygienist & Practice Management and many other industry professions for the right person.
Things to consider
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
About the employer
At Cambridge Street Dental Practice we believe prevention is the best strategy when it comes to looking after the oral health of our patients. We have a calm and friendly approach and put you, the patient first.
We are a mixed practice and new patients for NHS and private treatment are all welcome.
Cambridge Street Dental Practice
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Anita 01604 871340
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3.
- Functional Skills in English and Maths.
- Health and Safety.
- Equality and Diversity.
- First Aid at Work.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.