Apprentice Hairdresser Daniel Adams
We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressers, who have a passion for wanting to become a hairdresser. The Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship training programme will last 13 - 15 months with the opportunity to progress to Level 3.
Closing date: 14 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
30 Hours to include 6 Hours of training per week.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Sep 2023
05 Mar 2018
Level 2 (GCSE)
Meet and greet customers.
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair.
- Maintain a clean salon.
- Provide refreshments to the customers.
- Reception duties.
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour.
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning, cutting hair, tinting hair, styling hair, setting and dressing hair and reception duties. Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon or in your workplace.
Requirements and prospects
You will need to be creative.
- Enjoy meeting people.
- Have lots of energy.
- You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship.
Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene.
- Be practical and well organised.
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills.
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination.
You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser or barber.
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Assistant stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more superior positions. Hairdressing and barbering skills are also required in the theatre, film, TV and magazine work.
Things to consider
Most Hairdressing Salons or Barber Shops operate on Weekends so please be aware that you will more than likely be asked to work on a Saturday or Sunday.
About the employer
Daniel Adams primary purpose is to lead in customer service, performance and professionalism whilst maintaining a relaxed atmosphere within it's salons. As a group they are passionate about education, creativity, customer care and all the benefits it brings to their staff and, of course, their clients.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Jessica 02089539344 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing or barbering skills to develop your competence in hairdressing or barbering. You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including Maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work and real products.
Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right. Instead they are a framework made up of many elements.
An intermediate NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing or barbering which is a work based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready. This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers.
- Shampoo and conditioning.
- Reception duties.
- Cutting techniques.
- Appointment making.
- Styling techniques.
- Preparation of clients.
- Colouring techniques.
- Product promotion services.
- Key skills qualifications such as communication and Maths.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Hair Extensions (Optional).
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.