Hairdressing Apprentice Skye & Craig Hair
Hairdressing apprentice required for a friendly salon in Willerby. This is an ideal opportunity if you are leaving school this year and want to build a career in hairdressing.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
23 Jan 2018
Level 2 (GCSE)
In the first year of your apprenticeship your 'on the job' training in the salon will consist of assisting the qualified stylists on a daily basis to learn all aspects of the job and gain commercial experience. This includes welcoming clients, making refreshments, shampooing and conditioning, assisting stylists, answering calls and ensuring the salon is clean and tidy at all times.
- As you become competent some of the duties below will become part of your daily duties in your salon.
- Practical and theory training will be carried out at our training salon once a week where you will gain hands on experience in the following units:
- Shampoo, Condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Perming hair
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication Skills
- Creative Flair and an interest in fashion
- Excellent personal appearance
- A willingness to train and attend courses
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work
- Must be reliable
- Must be punctual
- Hard working
- A cheerful and outgoing personality
- Must WANT to gain a career in hairdressing
Must have a minimum of Level 1 / GCSE Grade D or Grade 3 (as per the new grading system) in Maths and English. Science would be useful but not essential as full training is provided.
Things to consider
About the employer
CHAMBER TRAINING (HUMBER) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chamber Training (Humber) Limited
Carol Gill 01482 611896 email@example.com
The ‘Hair Professional’ qualification Apprenticeship Standard is comprised of the following elements:
Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
Integrated qualification combining competence and technical knowledge elements.
Maths and English Level 2
(PLTS) Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Day release will be required once a week at our training salon (‘Salon Apprentice’, Jameson Street, Hull).
Upon completion of all the programme assessment requirements you will be put forward for the end-point assessment. The End-point assessment will be carried out by City & Guilds and will include the following:
Practical Observation: The learner will demonstrate they can complete a range of services on at least two models to industry standards and within commercial timings.
Oral Questioning: The learner’s consultation skills, communication skills, safe working practices, professionalism, values and behaviours will also be assessed by oral questioning.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.