Apprentice Office Administrator H & S Solicitors Limited
H & S Solicitors are looking for a dynamic, motivated and committed individual to undertake various clerical and administrative duties to ensure the efficient running of a fast paced business.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
14 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be involved in the following areas :
- Primarily in immigration but also covering matters in Wills & Probate, Company Law and Commercial and Civil Litigation and other Private Client matters.
- Providing support and administration to fee earners.
- Working as part of a team to provide support for fee earners.
- Undertaking regular training on areas of law.
As an apprentice in H&S, you will be responsible for carrying out a range of tasks which will include :
- To support the case handler with administrative tasks, and action work as delegated by the team.
- Provide telephone support and deal with client enquiries in the case handlers absence.
- Opening new instructions accurately and within service standards.
- Input data and prepare initial letters and documents.
- Telephoning courts, solicitors and clients, making accurate and detailed attendance notes.
- General photocopying, printing, scanning and filing of documents.
- Prepare outgoing post and DX for collection.
- File closing.
- Liaising with colleagues and clients and ensure they are kept fully up-to-date.
- Document cross-checking, making document amendments and document imaging / scanning.
- Document management, collation and review.
- Database entry / coding, database searching and database maintenance.
- Proofreading of documents including contracts, agreements and transcripts.
- Hard copy document management.
- Legal research (manual or electronic).
- Working as part of the H&S Solicitors team on ongoing projects.
You will maintain a daily log of all activity and a record of time spent, and keep up to date with the requirements of the apprenticeship programme. You will identify and escalate issues in a timely and effective manner.
Requirements and prospects
- High standard of numeracy and literacy
- Must have attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Demonstrate a conscientious, 'can-do' attitude
- Be client focused
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
GCSE C or above in Maths and English preferable (or equivalent)
About the employer
Additional location information
- Business Administration Level 2/3
- Technical Certificate Level 2/3
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Johan 01277725972 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017