This is an amazing apprenticeship opportunity to work within the HR team which supports the UKs largest manufacturer of recycled plastic products based in Heanor.
HR and Administration Apprentice
BPI Recycled Products
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Mon to Fri 8.30am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Mar 2017
29 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Will report directly to the Site’s HR and Administration Manager, close working relationships with the other administration team members. Working relationships with all areas of the site, and all business managers which will include production and recycling site and shift managers.
The role of the HR and Administration Apprentice is to support the HR function by ensuring data is processing accurately, helping to maintain the HR records and systems in a confidential and secure manner. Supporting the administration of the site’s recruitment needs. Interacting confidently and positively with others using listening and questioning skills effectively.
Purpose / Objective
To provide confidential, accurate administration support for the HR function and the administration team.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Supporting all new starter and leaver paperwork.
- Support all relevant employee changes and the relevant paperwork.
- Supporting daily Housekeeping of the Time and Attendance System.
- Supporting the update of Personnel Files.
- Support in the administration of disciplinary information and upkeep of the system.
- Provide admin support for recruitment processes, which would include responding to candidates by email / letter / telephone.
- Working in line with the HR Policies, Procedures and Handbook.
- Support for the administration team to cover holidays and sickness.
- Support for reception duties when required.
- Provide administration support to management when required.
- Support with the occupational administration when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong IT skills, which would include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To be able to demonstrate confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Flexible and personable
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work confidently with minimal supervision
- Capable in a fast paced environment
- Self Motivated
- Takes pride in their work
- Strong Team Player
There are no formal qualifications required for this role.
Opportunity to progress within the role
Things to consider
Must be able to travel to employer premises on a daily basis The working week will always be Monday to Friday doing 37.5 hours, but it is on a rota basis between the hours of 8am and 5.30pm.
About the employer
BPI Recycled products have an enviable reputation as the leader in the field of polyethylene recycling. We are the largest recycler in Europe with the ability to reprocess in excess of 80,000 tonnes each year of post-use material from commercial, retail, industrial and agricultural markets across our Environment Agency Accredited Sites. Over the last five years BPI has invested significantly in the recycling of waste polythene and particularly in the washing and recycling of farm films such as bale wrap and crop cover that would otherwise go into landfill or be burnt. The Visqueen business is the largest supplier of waterproofing products into the construction sector.
Your apprenticeship will include: Certificate in Business Administration
Technical Certificate in Business Administration
Functional Skills Communication (if applicable)
Functional Skills Application of Number (if applicable)
Functional Skills ICT (if applicable)
Employment Responsibilities and Rights
You will be assigned to an Assessor/Tutor who will guide and support you in putting together your NVQ portfolio. This will involve producing evidence of what you do in the workplace and carry out assessments of your evidence.
Business and Administration
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332 296995 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017