Engineering – Machinist Rewinds & J Windsor & Sons Ltd
Working closely with experienced and qualified staff you will develop your knowledge of Mechanicl manufactuirng to produce and repair a wide and varied range of products and component parts for our clients.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2018
6 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Working closely with experienced and qualified staff you will develop your knowledge of Mechanical manufacturing to
- produce a wide and varied range of component parts and products small and large scale
- small machine works and progressing to larger machine work
- Repair a range of rotating equipment and motor parts.
- Centre Lathe
- Interpreting drawing
- Using hand tools to develop your skills and knowledge to manufacture a range of products and bespoke engineering solutions for our clients
- Progressing when required to attending site to support with the removal of, repair and replacement of equipment.
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate would be:
- practically minded
- have good technical awareness
- have a practical approach
- relish the challenge of physical work in an industrial environment
- have a good work ethic
- strong focus on working safely
- Good communicator with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise work/tasks.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Having a good, positive, can do attitude
- Personable, enthusiastic and trustworthy
- A willingness to learn.
- Good attention to detail.
- Access to own transport would be an advantage.
- Possibly have a hobby/interest in fixing/tinkering with mechanical devices/bikes/machines etc
5 GCSE(or equivalent) grades C or above in Maths, English, Science and preferably Design and Technology
Things to consider
About the employer
Advanced Engineering Apprenticeships normally last four years during which time you will attend our Training Centre one day per week for basic training and Further Education.
The remainder of your time will be spent with your employer, training in Engineering.
NWTC will monitor your Apprenticeship on a regular basis to ensure you achieve ensuring you complete your
- National Vocational Qualification (N.V.Q.) Level 3 Diploma
- BTEC National Diploma
- Functional Skills
which will lead to a certificate of Advanced Apprenticeship.
NORTH WEST TRAINING COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North West Training Council
Sarah Lavery firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017