Apprentice Administrative Assistant Aspirations Academies Trust
The post holder will be responsible for providing administrative support, answering the telephone, liaising with parents and children, writing letters and emails, collating information, finance administration, filing and data input. The role will involve working with staff at all levels and pupil contact.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017
£157.95 - £274.95
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
20 Nov 2017
5 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To act as the first point of contact for parents, pupils and visitors and deal with enquiries in person, via the telephone, email and Schoolcomms.
- To liaise with visitors and to provide hospitality for them and for meetings.
- To produce and process routine school documentation and letters to parents such as photocopying of newsletters and other whole school mailings.
- To carry out general office duties including filing, photocopying etc.
- Maintaining the SIMS database for pupils, inputting and extracting information.
- To carry out basic financial procedures regarding handling and recording cash and cheque transactions, such as trip money and school uniform.
- To receive, check and distribute deliveries.
- Monitor and respond to emails via the Office inbox in conjunction with the Administrative Team.
- To open and distribute incoming mail.
- Administration of Cycling Proficiency courses, pupil photographs, Scholastic Book Club, School trips including School journey and other regular events in conjunction with the Administrative Team.
- Administration of Schoolcomms.
- Text messaging to parents.
- Administration of Attendance Certificates.
- Administration and Reconciliation of Locker Keys and monies.
- Administration of Cool Milk.
- To work collaboratively as a member of the Administrative Team.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Principal or Business Manager.
- To carry out first aid, administer authorised medicines and contact parents as necessary.
- To attend School Trips.
- To be aware of, and follow, the school’s child protection policy ensuring children are safeguarded.
- Attend briefings and participate in professional development opportunities.
Knowledge and understanding:
- Knowledge and experience of a range of ICT software applications including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and SIMS.
- Be familiar with Aspiration Academies’ policies, practices and guidance and work with them.
- To support the safeguarding of students and staff.
- To support the School’s distinctive vision and ethos.
- To comply with the School’s Dress Code, Health and Safety Policy and to undertake Risk Assessments as appropriate.
- To act in a professional and confidential manner with all school information.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Principal.
This job description sets out the responsibilities of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such responsibilities may vary from time-to-time without changing the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Variations are a common occurrence and do not of themselves constitute additional responsibilities.
This job description will be used as a basis for performance management review. It will be reviewed annually or at any other time by agreement between the employee and the Principal.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills to deliver polite, courteous and efficient customer service, in person and over the telephone.
- Written communication skills to take accurate messages, passing them on to others and to take accurate minutes.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- First Aid Qualification (the successful candidate will be expected to gain this award if not already held).
- Knowledge of SIMS.
- To work occasionally out of hours to support school functions.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- To be able to meet deadlines and prioritise as necessary.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- To be able to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment of Oak Hill Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Confidentiality Policy.
GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
About the employer
Aspirations Academies Trust
Level 3 Business and Administration
Business and Administration
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Nov 2017