Apprentice Community Banker - Corby Barclays Bank plc
Take ownership of the customer experience by providing excellent service and deepen customer relationships to help grow the business and strengthen the Barclays brand in the community.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
26 Nov 2017
4 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
At Barclays we know how frustrating it can be when you are looking for work but do not have the required experience. Here at Barclays, we recognise there are many talented individuals that are looking for their first step into a great career.
As a Barclays Apprentice, you will benefit from invaluable work experience, a competitive salary and also on-the-job professional training towards a vocational qualification. At the same time you can look forward to the natural rewards that come from making a real difference to our customers’ lives too.
We want you to Deliver exceptional operational performance in your branch and support colleagues to deliver on their operational responsibilities. Work collaboratively with other Barclays colleagues to deliver on our vision to be go-to and live our purpose and values.
This role benefits the customer, colleagues, community and company by.
- Making the customers lives much easier by building relationships, understanding and meeting their needs and ambitions
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across Barclays, undertaking the training necessary to be the best I can be. Developing knowledge and skills to be recognised as a role model
- An active support of, and contributor to, the local community, ensuring Barclays maintains and strengthens its reputation as a responsible and caring organisation
- Providing excellent customer service to help grow our business in the local community. Empowering colleague to make Barclays the 'Go To' Bank
Key Accountabilities to the role are to:
- Delight the customer by offering a professional, caring, consistent and outstanding level of customer service
- Build trust by engaging in conversations and active listening to customers to be able to anticipate and meet the servicing needs of all customers
- Strive to exceed customer expectations and be empowered to deal with customer requests at first point of contact, only handing off where this adds value in the opinion of the customers
- Create exceptional customer experiences for everyday queries and complaint handling by taking responsibility and using all resources to proactively intercept and address customer issues efficiently and effectively
- Know where to go to get support if they cannot be resolved immediately
- Demonstrate a strong level of competence in our digital products, enabling you to proactively educated your customers to have confidence in consistently using alternative channels of their choice, at times to suit them
- Emotionally connect with customers and work with colleagues in a collaborative way to deliver a consistently exceptional and 'seamless' customer experience
- Treat your colleague with respect, act with honesty, integrity and work together to maintain branch operational compliance with all relevant policy and mitigation of operational risk
- Be proactive, visible and engaging, provide effective banking hall co-ordination and assist customers with their essential everyday needs, providing every day banking solutions where appropriate
- Undertake and support colleague with till management and till balancing, and take responsibility for cash management and controls
- Complete all back office and administration activities such as updating customer records and building customer contact information
- Take and active interest in the local community. Get involved in activities that support Barclays contribution to the wider community's needs. Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirement, Barclays operational risk framework and internal Barclays policies and standards
- Take ownership of your own development and training, maintaining and effective development plan that supports continuous development in the role
- Be confident in using technology and keep knowledge up to date on products and services across all channels. Complete all appropriate mandatory and regulatory training
Requirements and prospects
- Have a genuine interest in the customer and customer service
- Have the right attitude, personality, potential and skills to provide excellent customer service
- Have the ability to work towards personal objectives
- Motivated to want to succeed and build a career in banking
- Willingness to learn/develop
- Team player
- Open to working with all levels of the business
Maths and English GCSE grades C and above or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Financial Service Customer Advisor
- RBCB Retail Banking Conduct of Business
- Functional Skills in Maths and English, if required
Financial Services > Financial Services Customer Adviser
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Capita Talent Partnerships
Before you apply
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017