Calibration & Repair Engineer Apprentice Taylor Instrument Services
The calibration & repair of electronic meters and test equipment
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
£151.88 - £264.38
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This involves booking the jobs in, testing the accuracy of test equipment using specialist rigs;
- Making repairs if required by, removing electronic components and circuit boards
- Resoldering/wiring in position.
- Finally a certificate of calibration is issued and the unit and paperwork is dispatched
Requirements and prospects
An individual who enjoys working with their hands and overcoming challanges
Good education with a flair for working with your hands
• An interest in mechanical/ electrical engineering
• Willingness to learn new skills and take on board
• Excellent communication skills
• Hard working and can use own initiative
• Reliable, energetic and self motivated
• Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
• Polite, confident and friendly manner.
• Computer literature
Ideally Maths & English GCSE grades C or equivalent or above .
Things to consider
About the employer
The Apprenticeship will be achieved through assessments with a Leicester College Assessor in the workplace. There may be some training required at one of the college campuses. Intermediate Apprenticeship in Electronic Engineering
NVQL2 Performing Engineering Operations.
The PEO is a practical based program with supporting underpinning knowledge and is fully completed “off the job” at Leicester College on a day release basis. The qualification consists of:
• Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
• Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
• Using and Communicating Technical Information
• Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
• Wiring & testing electronic equipment
• Maintaining electonic equipment
Level 2 Diploma in Engineering and Technology(VRQ)
Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English, if required.
Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills comprise of six skill areas that are essential to being successful in an Apprenticeship. It is a Mandatory requirement of the Apprenticeship framework.
• Creative thinking
• Independent enquiry
• Reflective learning
• Team working
• Self management
• Effective participation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Paresh Damani 0116 229 5515 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017