Apprentice Dental Nurse Drakes Dental Care
This vacancy is for a Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Blackburn, Lancashire. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2017
£149.85 - £260.85
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
29 Nov 2017
5 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- The successful applicant will be mentored by a lead dental nurse and observed in surgery they will also have a weekly schedule for additional duties e.g. reception administration.
- Assist the dentist and hygienist during all clinical procedures, clerical duties to include reception work answering telephones and filing, provide support during the taking of x rays.
- Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery.
- Assist the dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation, extractions, and
- Assessments, this may also include minor oral surgery.
- Assist the hygienist with scale and polish and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments.
- Record and store notes, charting, medical history and radiographs on either paper based or computerized systems.
- Reception duties which include answering the telephone greeting patients, making appointments and recording them correctly on the system.
- Filing, typing and using computer software
- Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam, and normal domestic.
- Assisting with the preparation of patient and equipment during the taking of x rays and processing and storing all images.
Requirements and prospects
- A good communicator and be willing to be part of a team supporting each other.
- The ability to make decisions and use their own initiative, have strong organizational skills, as well as having a caring nature and be comfortable talking to patients at all levels and ages
- Provide support for managers and other staff members in the workplace.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- They often have industry or employer-specific responsibilities
- GCSE at C or above in English and Mathematics or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Health Support Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Application of Number and Literacy
- Employer Rights and Responsibility
- Personal Learning and thinking Skills
- First Aid
- Conflict resolution
- Enhanced training to include Drive to survive, visit to Maxillo facial unit and orthodontic practice.
Dental health > Dental Nurse
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2017