Business Administration Apprentice THE SCIENCE COUNCIL
Would you like to develop your skills in an organisation that has a big impact on the world? This apprenticeship is the perfect opportunity to do just that!
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
7 days ago
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We hope that this apprenticeship will give you an opportunity to develop your business skills. Essentially, you will be our operations assistant. We will give you an opportunity to get involved in a wide range of tasks from basic finance to project management.
The day-to-day duties include:
- Processing invoices, this involves keeping our systems up to date with new transactions
- Updating our databases accurately and efficiently
- Monitoring our stationary and ordering office supplies where necessary
- Organising the filing systems so that files are in a logical order
- Managing incoming telephone and email enquiries
- Receiving, sorting and distributing the post
- Organising catering for office based meetings or events with external visitors
- Managing an environmental project; we are trying to make our offices as eco-friendly as possible. We need someone who can bring fresh ideas, and take ownership of this project, so that we can improve the way that we manage our catering, purchases and disposal
Who will I work with?
You will work closely with and report to our Office Manager, who will provide you with direction and support. We are a small organisation of 12 friendly people.
To find more about the team please visit: http://sciencecouncil.org/about-us/our-team/
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills - you will need to be able to communicate clearly and efficiently
- A great customer manner - we expect that you will be helpful, polite and respectful.
- A good attitude - You should be enthusiastic about learning and being taught.
- Proactive - You should look forward to taking responsibility and making the role your own.
- Professionalism - You will need to demonstrate good attendance and time-keeping both at the start of the day and during breaks
- Creativity - The ability to independently take on tasks and think outside the box
- A minimum of 5 (A-C) GCSEs including Maths and English (or equivalent Level 2 qualification).
- A Levels (Level 3 qualifications) or equivalents are highly regarded.
- Busy office experience is essential as this is a very high-pressure role.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship training will be provided by City of Westminster College. The apprenticeship training includes both knowledge- and competency-based elements, being evaluated by ePortfolio and through observations respectively.
If the candidate does not have the necessary levels of English, Maths and IT qualifications they will need to come into the college once a week on a Friday to undergo Functional Skills training at the relevant levels.
Business and Administration
CITY OF WESTMINSTER COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Westminster College
Emily Blackman-Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017