Apprentice Teaching Assistant Limehurst Academy
The Apprentice is to work as part of the team in the ADT Department. The post is required to offer support to teachers under the direction of the Head of Department.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
11 Oct 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Operation and maintenance of equipment and machinery specific to the work of the ADT Department.
- Assisting teachers in the department with lesson preparation; have a working knowledge of department schemes of work.
- Provide support during practical classes. Identify individual children’s needs and demonstrate practical tasks. Help teachers with pupil assessment and lesson evaluation. Input ideas and suggestions at Departmental meetings to develop learning activities.
- Creating inspiring displays around the department.
- Use of computers to create documents, manipulation and input of data. Assist teaching staff/students with resolving basic IT issues, and monitor the departmental laptops.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of consumable materials. Source items for purchase at most competitive price, for approval by HOD. Organise preparation, purchase and storage of food for Food Technology lessons.
- Collect in money within department and pass to Finance Office.
- Cleaning of specialist areas and maintenance of a high standard of Health and Safety within Department. Advise others on legislation/procedures, when necessary. Report any maintenance issues to Site Manager.
- Answer standard enquiries by telephone or in person from public/other employees and makes routine calls to obtain information/resolve queries.
- Willingness to learn and undertake training as required for new skills. Positive enthusiastic attitude.
- Have a good understanding of Design/Technology related to subjects to be able to advise other on specific Design issues and in addition, a broad range of practical problem solving skills to resolve queries.
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communicator both spoken and written.
- Committed to continuing professional development.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good time keeper.
- Flexible approach.
- Sense of humour.
- Willing to work flexible hours according to needs of students.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools:
- Level 2 Diploma.
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & IT.
- Employee Rights & Responsbilities.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Apprenticeship Team 01509 515461 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017