Apprentice Dispensing Assistant L.ROWLAND & COMPANY LIMITED
This is a great opportunity to start your career in a large Pharmacy chain learning to dispense medication. Do you enjoying working with and helping people? This apprenticeship will give you transferable skills helping you progress in the future.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2017
6 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant, you will be the first point of contact for all our customers. We are looking for someone who enjoys helping people, working in a busy team and wants to develop a career within the field of Pharmacy. If this is you, then we would we would be keen to hear from you.
Rowlands Pharmacy has over 200 years of experience in community pharmacy, and is part of PHOENIX, a pan-European pharmaceutical company. Our commitment to providing the best standards of care and advice means that the needs of our customers and staff share equal importance. Our network of over 500 stores throughout England, Scotland and Wales ensures we are able to offer a wide variety of pharmaceutical services to meet the healthcare needs of the local community. The UK headquarters is based at Runcorn in Cheshire, from which the corporate service divisions support the local business activities.
In our successful Apprenticeship Academy we offer a structured learning and development programme delivering to you the very best in training and support throughout your apprenticeship journey. You can “earn whilst you learn”, gaining skills in all areas of pharmacy services and attending additional workshops where you will meet other apprentices. Rowlands Pharmacy was recently given the Silver award for Best Apprenticeship Programme at the 2015 Training Journal Awards.
This is a great opportunity to start out on your career in Pharmacy within a large and established Pharmacy chain.
- To learn to establish and develop long term relationships with customers and deliver effective and courteous customer service.
- To learn to maximize sales by effective merchandising as well as maintaining adequate stock levels and good housekeeping.
- To learn to offer a wide range of services to customers/patients according to your branch requirements and comply with company promotional activity.
- Comply with all relevant company SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Continually update product knowledge in order to provide accurate advice.
- To learn to offer advice on medication, ask the appropriate questions and involve the Pharmacist where necessary.
- To learn to carry out dispensing activities under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
- To learn to manage and maintain patient records.
- Learn to follow till processes – sales, cashing up, reports etc.
- Learn to complete cash sheets and price checks weekly.
- Learn to carry out banking daily.
- Learn to complete date checking and cleaning in accordance with company SOPs and ensure that adequate records are maintained.
- Have due regard for health and safety for both yourself, colleagues and customers.
- Learn to order and manage stock.
- Learn to ensure promotional change over completed atthe beginning of month and maintain compliance throughout each month.
- Learn to maintain and update all planograms as required.
- Learn to follow shrinkage procedure and use OSRS where appropriate.
- Learn to Implement EPOS price changes when prompted.
- Comply with company policy in respect of all monetary transactions.
- Have due regard for security in the shop and its stock.
- Learn to deliver appropriate healthcare advice and signpost where necessary.
- Learn to actively promote and deliver the Rowlands Prescription Collection Service.
- Learn to ensure that all Essential/Enhanced/Advanced Services are successfully promoted and carried out in accordance with Company SOPs.
- Participate in and deliver additional commercial services required in your branch for example BP measuring, weight management etc.
- Participate in healthy living events where necessary.
- To have a clean and tidy appearance in accordance with the Company Dress Code.
- To undertake any additional duties requested by the Line Manager to meet short-term requirements.
- To commit to learning and studying for a vocational qualification and to learning all aspects of the apprenticeship role.
Requirements and prospects
- Applicants will be expected to be IT literate but will be trained on the specific software/till systems used in the branch. Candidates must be able to follow instructions and guidance working closely with a mentor.
- All of our branches are based within the community and we are looking for someone who will be able to provide exceptional customer service to our customers. You will be customer facing so you must be of smart and tidy appearance.
- You will need to be able to display maturity and sensitivity when discussing confidential information or a customer’s illness and you will have excellent communication skills as you will need to be able to clearly explain instructions to customers, based on the advice that the Pharmacist Manager will give you.
- You will enjoy working as part of a busy team and assisting colleagues, participating in Healthy Living events and promoting and offering a range of services to customers/patients, e.g. weight management, blood pressure checks. If you have had work experience/ placements in a retail environment or have had work experience dealing with people this will be beneficial to your application.
- Friendly and helpful
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Confident and able to develop effective working relationships
- Able to seek advice and guidance when appropriate
- Willingness to develop and respond positively to changes
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s A- C including Maths, English and Science or equivalent, however if you have a real interest in working with Rowlands Pharmacy then please still contact us to apply.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ)(QCF).
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science.
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (with the option to complete Level 2 if required).
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities Workbook (ERR).
- Medicine Counter Assistant Course (MCA).
Health Pharmacy Services
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Alex Zielinska 0115 937 4936 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017