Level 2 Apprentice Administration Assistant Franche Primary School
Franche Community Primary School are a welcoming and friendly school who also offer wraparound care for children from 3 months to 11 years, open 7am until 6pm, 50 weeks a year, including a breakfast club, after school care and holiday club.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
7 days ago
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join the team. The number of children in the school is high so this will suit someone who enjoys working in a busy environment.
Supporting the Sendco and Safeguarding Lead, your role will include;
- To provide a range of administrative duties including photocopying/scanning, filing.
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data and keeping records.
- To assist the school receptionist, taking calls, dealing with visitors.
- To respond to routine correspondence and enquires from staff, parents and outside professionals.
- To assist in the organisation of meetings and training courses.
- Day to day administrative duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills with a range of knowledge of different computer packages, eg Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with staff, parents and outside agencies.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- A clear understanding of the need to deal with sensitive information and to keep information confidential.
- To be organised with the ability to work to timescales.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional and diplomatic approach to work.
- GCSE, or equivalent, grade 9-4 (A-C) in maths and English is essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Successful candidate will be expected to attend Kidderminster College for day release.
Candidate will work towards gaining:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business & Administration.
- Functional Skills – Maths, English & ICT (if applicable).
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kidderminster College
Gail Hamilton 01562 826515 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017